B&G Recreates Joe Walsh's Step Sister Model
B&G Guitars isn’t the sort of company to go after a host of popular musicians to endorse their guitars. Their own popularity and impressive performance in reviews, not to mention the awards that their guitars have won and been nominated for, speak for themselves.
So it was a big surprise to see a Step Sister in the hands of one of the biggest guitar icons of the last 50 years, Joe Walsh. One of the longest standing members of The Eagles, Joe has had a spectacular career over five decades including a successful solo career.
In 2018, soon after the launch of the Step Sister, one found its way into the hands of Joe Walsh, and he instantly added it to his guitar collection.
While Joe plays a number of different guitars on tour, the Step Sister has been seen on countless occasions on stage with The Eagles over the last year.
So, to celebrate, we decided to order a recreation of Joe’s Step Sister from B&G, and this guitar has just arrived here at TNAG HQ!
This Step Sister features a gorgeous solid Mahogany body with an upgraded Quilted Maple top and a sublime Honey Burst finish.
The Mahogany neck features an upgraded Zirocote fretboard while, in the electronics department, the guitar is fitted with a pair of B&G’s handwound Humbuckers which, when paired with the solid Mahogany body and B&G’s floating tailpiece, offers a thick and extremely resonant tone perfect for classic rock and blues.
- Body thickness: 1.75" / 4.45cm
- Body length: 17.2" / 43.7cm
- Body width: 13" / 33cm
- Back wood: One-piece African Mahogany
- Top wood: Upgraded Figured Maple
- Tailpiece: B&G Brass
- Bridge: B&G Solid Brass ABR
- Pickguard: Brass
- Tuning Machines: Waverly
- Strings: Ernie Ball 0.10-0.46
- Nut width: 1.68” / 42.8mm
- Nut: TUSQ
- Fret 1 Thickness: 0.89” / 22.6mm
- Fret 12 Thickness: 0.98” / 24.9mm
- Scale length: 24 3/4”
- Fingerboard radius: 12”
- Neck Joint: Fret 16
- Frets: 22
- Neck wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Upgraded Ziricote
- Fretwire: Width 0.080”, Crown 0.050”
- Inlay: Pearloid
- Neck shape: B&G Soft 'V'
- Truss Rod: One way traditional spoke wheel nut
- Pickups: B&G Hand-Wound Humbuckers
- Potentiometers: CTS 500k
- Toggle Switch: Switchcraft 3-way
- Jack: Switchcraft
- Wiring: '50s Style
- Total Weight: 6.7 - 8.2 lbs / 3200-3700 gr
- Total Length: 38.9" / 987mm
This guitar is available to purchase now. For more information please get in touch by calling +44 (0) 207 835 5597 or by emailing us.