Carl Miner Returns To Demo Our New Electric Arrivals
Back by popular demand, Carl Miner recently came back to our showroom in the heart of Music City, Nashville, to record some electric demos. While Carl is most often seen with an acoustic guitar or a mandolin in our videos, we absolutely love these electric guitar videos we've filmed with him. It's quite a selection of electric guitars we were able to film, too, including two Fender Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1954 Masterbuilt Stratocasters - one built by C.W. Fleming and the other by the iconic late John English, not to mention a gorgeous new Collings I-35 Deluxe and a new T-Style electric from Matthew Dudenbostel, son of Lynn Dudenbostel!
This I-35 Deluxe is the spiffier big brother of the standard I-35, and this example sports a beautiful quilted maple top, as well as Collings’ signature take on parallelogram fretboard inlays. The result is a guitar that gives a nod to its inspiration, while still retaining its own unique style.
- Premium quilted maple top over semi-hollow mahogany body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Black/white top purfling
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Single-bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs
- Dual Throbak SLE-101+ humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Body: One-piece Mahogany
- Neck: Torrefied Sugar Maple (speed neck finish)
- Fretboard: Rosewood with reconstituted green stone dots
- Head Veneer: Maple
- Tuners: Nickel-plated vintage-style with oval knobs
- Bridge: Individual steel saddles
- Saddle: Steel
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Black single-ply Bakelite
- Nut Width: 1.65"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
Fender 50th Anniversary John English Masterbuilt Stratocaster, Two-Tone Sunburst - Pre-Owned - $8,200
This Fender Custom Shop 50th Anniversary Masterbuilt 1954 Stratocaster is an authentic homage to one of the most iconic electric guitars of all time. As luck would have it, we have two of these guitars in our Nashville showroom! This first example was handmade by the late great Fender Masterbuilder John English. The guitar was released in 2004 for the 50th anniversary of the Stratocaster, and has the feel and vibe of a vintage original.
This ‘54 reissue Strat has a 2-tone sunburst over an Ash body, and sports custom 1954 Alnico 3 pickups, wound to period correct specifications. The U-shaped maple neck was crafted with vintage-style frets, and will feel familiar to vintage guitar fans. The result is quintessential Fender Strat tone. From the bright twang of the bridge pickup, to the warm bluesy sounds of the neck pickup, this guitar is packed with tonal versatility. As was the case with the original, this guitar comes with the 3-way selector switch. Classic out-of-phase tones can still be achieved by carefully placing the switch in the in-between positions, an old trick used by Strat players for decades.
The nitro finish has light finish checking from the factory, without any of the more severe relic work seen on other vintage reproductions. This pre-owned guitar is in excellent pre-owned condition and comes with a tweed case, as well as a vintage reproduction of the original “poodle” case.
- 50th Anniversary Masterbuilt Stratocaster
- Built by John English in 2004
- Ash body with 2-color sunburst
- Maple neck and fretboard
- Fender nickel vintage style tuners
- White pick guard
- 1 5/8" nut width
- 25.5" scale length
- Lightly relic'd finish
- Excellent condition
- Tweed case and vintage reproduction of the original 'poodle case'
Fender 50th Anniversary C.W. Fleming Masterbuilt Stratocaster, Two-Tone Sunburst - Pre-Owned - $5,695
This second example of the Fender Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster was built by masterbuilder C.W. Fleming and features the same specs as the John English build above.
- Year of Build: 2004
- Built by C.W. Fleming
- Body Wood: Ash
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Maple
- Head Veneer: Maple
- Tuners: Fender closed back vintage-style
- Saddle: Steel
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-5/8"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
The Fender Aloha Stratocaster is a limited edition guitar made by the folks at the Fender Custom Shop in memory of Hawaiian musician and inventor Freddy Tavares. Tavares was commissioned by Leo Fender to design the Stratocaster, as well as products such as the Bassman Amplifier.
This guitar features an all-aluminum body and pickguard, which is engraved by master artisan Ron Chacey with Hawaiian imagery reminiscent of the scenes often engraved on resonator guitars. While its appearance is unusual, the tone is pure Fender and achieves all of the tones that make the Strat so beloved for over 65 years. This guitar is in superb condition and comes with a custom leather gig bag as well as a hard case.
- #006 of 153 made
- Built in 1995
- The Fender logo and the cresting wave above the logo on the neck are inlaid in abalone
- On the ball end of the headstock is a palm tree inlaid in white and green pearl, with the signature of Freddie Tavares in black.
- One volume, two-tone, five-way pickup selector switch
- 3x Lace Sensor single coils
- Polished Aluminum body
- Birdseye Maple bolt-on neck
- Birdseye Maple fretboard with 22 frets, green pearl dot inlays with Aloha and Palm tree custom inlays made by Larry Sifel
- Nickel-plated, closed black Kluson Deluxe tuners
- Fender Synchronized Tremolo, combined with a six-saddle bridge and a special chrome tremolo arm
- Aluminum saddle
- Bone nut
- Engraved Aluminum pickguard
- 1-11/16" nut width
- 25-1/2" scale length
- Excellent++ condition
- Includes a custom leather gig bag as well as a hard case
One of the first, if not the first Les Paul made with the 2015 Gibson True Historic/ Historic Select specs, featuring roasted back, sides, top, neck, and also full hide glue construction, ordered by a US shop that spent five years working with Gibson on the project.
The serial number of this guitar precedes the models with the MZ5000 serial numbers. Light in weight (8.4 lbs) and extremely resonant, this could very well be a Les Paul player's dream instrument.
- Double-carved, hand-sanded flame Maple top
- Double-carved, hand-sanded Mahogany neck
- Neck has softer hand-filed rolled fingerboard edges
- Two '59 Custom Bucker humbucking pickups
- 3-way switch 2 volume, 2 tone
- Re-engineered True Vintage top hat knobs
- Reformulated plastics not available in the regular historic series guitars
- Fully torrefied but for the fretboard
- Recessed pickup screws as in 1959
- Repositioned pickguard as in 1959
- The body is finished with aniline dye, which acts as both filler and stain
- Thinner lacquer wet-sanded by hand
- True Historic (thinner) peghead veneer
- Murphy-aged nitrocellulose finish
- Year of Build: 2015
- Top: Roasted Figured Maple
- Back & Sides: Roasted Mahogany
- Body Binding: Cream
- Neck: Roasted Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony (Not roasted); 22-frets; 12" radius; trapezoidal cellulose inlays
- Head Veneer: Ebony, unbound
- Fretboarding Binding: Cream
- Tuners: Nickel Kluson
- Bridge: ABR-1 bridge and aluminum stop tailpiece
- Saddle: Steel, individual
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Condition: Relic'd and Roasted
This stunning electric guitar is a Nik Huber Orca '59 model, featuring a glorious gold top finish.
In keeping with our previous Orcas, the body is made up of a naturally light and resonant Spanish Cedar topped with a Curly Maple Top. This is our our first Orca with a Goldtop finish and we just love how Nik and his team have executed this iconic aesthetic.
With a set of Haussel 1959 Humbuckers, the guitar is punchy and powerful, with a clear and articulate tonal makeup that sits comfortably in near enough any playing style.
Goldtop Semigloss Finish, Nitrocellulose
Curly Maple Top
Spanish Cedar Body
Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard
Curly Maple Fretboard Binding
MOP Crown Trepez Inlays
- Haussel 1959 Humbucker Pickup Set
The Ninety is Zion’s beautiful thinline, semi-hollow body, single-cutaway guitar that produces a tone like no other. This Ninety features a flamed Maple top, including an elegant “f-hole”, over Swamp Ash. The body is designed with balanced interior chambers and a Zion engineers painstakingly designed this instrument with balanced interior chambers and comfort carve in the back.
- Flamed Maple top with single f-hole
- Swamp Ash body
- Maple body binding
- Hard Maple neck
- Ebony fretboard with pearl dots; 22 frets; 12" radius
- Flamed Maple head veneer
- Sperzel Trim-lok tuners, matte-finished gold
- Master Volume & Tone
- 3-Way Selector Switch (Rear Route)
- Seymour Duncan T-style pickups
- C-shaped neck
- Excellent++ condition - no dings, some light tarnish to the hardware
All of these guitars are available now at our showroom in Nashville, Tennessee. To book an appointment to visit us, please call us on +1 615-383-8947 or email us here.