Deimel Doublestar 20th Anniversary Edition Model Arrives
We have only been representing Deimel Guitarworks for a relatively short time, however Frank Deimel has been building guitars for 20 years, and is now one of the best known electric guitar custom shops in Europe.
Kora & Frank Deimel
As Frank and his wife Kora celebrate 20 years in the profession, they are building a series of guitars in a special commemorative semi-transparent matt gold finish, and we are delighted to have received serial number #016, a Doublestar Rawtone model, which shows the true versatility of this model.
The double-cutaway body shape and neck join shows the Les Paul Special influence, and the TV Jones T-90 neck pickup has a raucous bite and energy, while the excellent Tele-style Mastery M3 bridge and Lollar BS Tele bridge pickup give you a vintage Tele vibe.
Frank Deimel this week sent us a video to tell us a little more about this wonderful instrument. You can also hear him playing the guitar from 4:16 in:
- Body: Honduran Mahogany, one piece, with Eastern maple top in drop top manner
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Katalox
- Inlays: MOP dots
- Frets: 22 Wagner Medium Jumbo
- Scale length: 25.5”, compound radius 9.5” to 12”
- Neck shape: Medium fat 59
- Headstock: Black fiber with MOP logo inlay
- Nut: Unbleached bone
- Glue: Bone
- Colour: 20th anniversary semi-transparent matt gold
- Pickguard: Tortoise-shell
- Backplate: Bakelite
- Pickups: Lollar BS Tele Bridge & TV Jones T-90 Neck
- Bridge: Mastery M3
- Tuners: Kluson TonePros Vintage satin
- Knobs: Glendale Raw Steel Dome
- Switches: Gotoh three-way toggle with gold contacts
- Capacitors: TAD Oilcap 22nf
- Case: Hiscox
This guitar is available now for £3,995. Click here to find out more. Have a question about this guitar? Why not call us on +44 (0) 207 835 5597, email us or click on the chat button at the bottom of our website.