Going Electric: Macmull T-Classic & 1966 Fender Telecaster
In this weeks Going Electric feature, we sat down with a pair of very exciting instruments to find out how the Macmull T-Classic held up next to it's vintage predecessor!
Joining me on the sofa was UK Session legend Tim Steer, who, as no stranger to a great T-Style guitar, had some informed and valuable insight on what makes a great T so versatile and important an instrument to have in your arsenal.
Given Macmulls lengthy and highly detailed research and development period analysing vintage instruments, it was no surprise at all that the T-Classic brought a wealth of inspiring and undeniably accurate tonal characteristics and feel to match its video companion.
Theres an intrinsic draw and 'cool-factor' to a great vintage instrument, and our '66 Telecaster has those essential flavours in spades. Although the spec between the two instruments is varied, the iconic twang and spank is certainly mutual with the Macmull doing a remarkable job of imparting a similarly lively and somewhat magical personality.
Check out the video below;
Here's a little more info on these sensational T-Style instruments;
- Body - two-piece alder body
- Neck - Premium one-piece maple neck
- Neck Profile - Oval 'C' 60s neck profile
- Frets - 21 Frets (Dunlop 6105)
- Inlays - Black Dot fretboard inlays
- Fretboard radius - 9.5"
- Scale Length - 648 mm
- Pickups - 2 Macmull T-Classic single coils
- Pots - CTS 250 K Potentiometers - 1 Volume control and 1 tone control
- Caps - Emerson Paper in Oil .47uF capacitors
- Tuners - Gotoh Vintage Style machine heads with white buttons
- Finish - Black Nitrocellulose
- Extras - Hiscox case and Macmull leather strap
Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar, 1966, White - Pre-Owned - £SOLD
The gorgeous Telecaster from the early days of CBS Fender ownership brings together a host of the characteristics that make these instruments such phenomenal workhorses.
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Original Hardcase
- Ashtray Bridge
- 3-ply Pickguard
- Pearl Dot Inlays
- Two Single-Coil Pickups
For any more information, or to just chat about these gorgeous guitars, don't hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in on 0207 835 5597.