Incoming Taran Tirga Mhor MK II
We are so pleased to announce that we have another incoming guitar from the vastly talented Rory Dowling of Taran Guitars. This is an incredibly exciting build, as Rory will be displaying this at the B.I.G(er) luthier meet in Texas, USA at the end of March. However, this guitar is available to pre-order now and will be ready to ship at the beginning of April. If still available, it will be heading to the TNAG Nashville showroom.
This new build is a Tirga Mhor Mk II, a model which is well known and loved by TNAG (and our customers!), and is Rory's take on a 000 and also the product of long discussions with his friend and guitar virtuoso Martin Simpson. The Tirga Mhor is designed with with an open voice enabled by the 12th fret bridge position with lots of 'spit' with its powerful attack.
This guitar will feature a stunning African Blackwood four-piece back, paired with an Adirondack Spruce top. It also features the Taran Guitars Compression Braces, a lightweight yet thoroughly stable bracing structure which supports the cylindrical back profile of a Taran instrument. Paired with a subtle fan fret, this is guaranteed to be an incredibly comfortable instrument, a true player's guitar.
Tirga Mhor Mk II - DS8
- African Blackwood four-piece Back and Sides
- Adirondack AAA Spruce Top
- Taran Guitars Compression Braces
- Fully kerfed sides in Western Red Cedar and black
- Neck in Honduran Mahogany with Anstruther Pier Purpleheart centre strip
- Fretboard in Ebony with gold fret markers
- Fanfret - scale 660mm - 645mm | 6th Fret perpendicular fret
- Fret wire in Evo Gold with semi-hemispherical fret-ends
- Bound Sound Port
- Bevel, Headstock and Rosette in hot sand faded Scottish Burr Elm with Anstruther Pier Purpleheart detailing
- Gotoh 510 tuners 21:1 ratio in gold with black buttons
- Nut 45mm
- String spacing at saddle 58mm
- String weight 12-56
- Calton Case in Orange and Black
Here's a build thread for the process so far:
Have a lovely weekend!