Introducing Leonardo Buendia
We have been big fans of Buendia Guitars for many years now and are incredibly excited to finally announce that Leonardo will be joining the exclusive roster of international luthiers here at The North American Guitar showroom in London. After meeting a few years back at the Santa Barbara Acoustic Instrument Celebration Leo and I have been chatting ever since about the possibility of bringing some of his stunning instruments to London. Having just celebrated an incredibly successful Winter NAMM exhibition at the Boutique Guitar Showcase, we are very excited to make the announcement.
"I'm very pleased to be joining the North American Guitar team. For years I've observed their professionalism and dedication to serving guitar players and enthusiasts across Great Britain. I greatly admire their passion and it is an honour for me to have my brand represented by such a prestigious company." Leonardo Buendia
Leonardo first studied with Ezequiel Moggia, a student of the renowned Luthier Francesco Ponzo, and later moved to California to begin his apprenticeship to master luthier Ervin Somogyi for 3 years. This was were Leo would refine his own craft, drawing inspiration from his teacher in the responsiveness and visual elements of his guitars.
In celebration of Leonardo joining The North American Guitar roster, we have pulled out all the stops and are extremely excited to announce the first incoming Modified Dreadnought in an exquisite set of The Tree.
This guitar will arrive with us after being exhibited at the Holy Grail Guitar Show in May 2018, and we cannot wait till it reaches the showroom.
- Soundboard: Master Grade plus Adirondack top
- Back and sides: Highly quilted ‘The Tree’ Mahogany
- Back Braces: latticed Honduran Mahogany
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Rosette: Hand carved Celtic geometrical w/green burl Maple design
- End graft: custom hand carved Celtic geometrical design
- Wedge: Manzer style tapered body
- Purfling: green colored purling
- Fingerboard: custom inlay from 3rd. to 19th
- 14th-fret to the body fingerboard
- Finish: French Polish
- Bridge: hand carved ebony
- Bridge pins: ebony with pearl dots
- Binding: ebony with black/green purfling
- Top braces: Sitka spruce
- Saddle: 2 1/4” string spacing compensated bone
- Nut: 1 3/4” width scalloped and compensated bone
- Neck: one piece Honduran mahogany
- Head-cap veneer: wood combination
- Back of Head-cap veneer: Ebony
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh 510 Series stealth in gold w/black buttons
- Fingerboard: ebony with ebony binding and white maple purfling
- Position markers: MOP dots
- Fret wire: medium Nickel-Silver 18%
- Fretboard Radius: 20”
- Case: custom carbon fiber Hoffee hardshell black exterior, red interior.
- Scale Length: 25.25” for Mod-D
- Strings: John Pearse light .013-.053
So for more information on Buendia Guitars and this absolutely mind blowing Modified Dreadnought in the Tree Mahogany please feel free to contact us on +44 (0)207 835 5597 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a wondeful weekend.
Until next week...