New G.R. Bear Grand 00 Guitars Arrive
We only received our first guitars from G.R. Bear at the end of 2019, with both quickly selling, and we're delighted to have recently taken delivery of three more guitars, one of which has already sold!
The two remaining guitars are sensational examples of Australian-born Rye Bear's Grand 00 model. Now based in Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada, Rye combines a wonderful sense of line and an ability to coax out rich, chiming tones to bring a fresh approach to traditional body shapes.
- Model: Grand 00
- Frets to the body: 12
- Cutaway: Yes
- Back & Sides: High Figure Australian Balckwood - Acaicia melanoxylon
- Top: Lutz Spruce - Picea x lutzii
- Neck: Mahogany - Swietenia macrophylla
- Fingerboard: Brigalow - Acacia harpophylla
- Bridge: Padauk - Pterocarpus soyauxii
- Rosette: Australian Blackwood and Ebony
- Headstock Veneer: Brigalow - Acacia harpophylla
- Binding: Rocklite Ebano
- Purfling: Black dyed maple and Sycamore purfling
- Top Bracing: Lutz Carbon Falcate bracing
- Scale Length: 645mm
- Nut Width: 46mm
- String Spread: 57mm
- Back Sides and Neck Finish: UV cured Polyester
- Top Finish: Royal-Lac
- Tuners: Gotoh 510
- Nut and Saddle: Bone
- Frets: EVO Gold with Hemispherical fret ends
This Grand 00 Model also has Australian Blackwood for the back and sides and this time a Western Red Cedar for the top.
This guitar has been in the G.R. Bear workshop and occasionally used as demo instrument for the last year, therefore it has some extremely minor playing wear.
Here's what Rye Bear says about his Grand 00 model:
"I voice the Grand 00 larger and lower than what some might expect from an instrument of its size. It has a full, rich and voluminous sound that has beautiful clarity and projection in the trebles and a bass that is not over powering but still very present and rich. With Falcate bracing these qualities all hold very evenly as you play up the neck offering the player great balance and dynamic range. The size of the instrument is slightly larger than a traditional Martin 00, very similar to a small classical guitar. It makes for a lovely intimate, finger style instrument that is comfortable on the couch or in front of an audience."
• Back & Sides: Australian Blackwood - Acacia melanoxylon
• Top: Western Red Cedar - Thuja plicata
• Neck: Mahogany - Swietenia macrophylla
• Fingerboard: Gidgee - Acacia cambagei
• Bridge: Padauk - Pterocarpus soyauxii
• Rosette: Yate Burl - Eucalyptus cornuta
• Headstock Yate Burl - Eucalyptus cornuta
• Binding: Gidgee - Acacia cambagei
• Purfling: Black dyed veneer and Sycamore
• Top Bracing: Paulownia Carbon Falcate Bracing
• Scale Length: 645mm
• Nut Width: 46mm
• Top Finish: Royal-Lac
• Neck, Back and Sides finish: UV cured Polyester - Hand rubbed sun burst Tuners: Gotoh 510
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Frets: Nickel/Silver with Hemispherical fret ends
These two guitars are in our showroom now and available with global shipping. For more information, please call us on +1 615-383-8947 or +44 (0) 207 835 5597. Alternatively you can email us here.