New TV Jones Guitars Arrive Including Our First C Melody Baritone
You may have spotted on our Instagram this week that we've received a new haul of TV Jones guitars. This new batch of five guitars features the best-selling and critically acclaimed Spectra Sonic Supreme models, and one model that's not graced our walls before, the C Melody Baritone.
In stock right now we have Spectra Sonic Supremes in three gorgeous colours - Translucent Scarlet Red, Charcoal Black and Metallic Bordeaux. These guitars are designed by Thomas V. Jones, built at the Gretsch workshop in Japan, and then set up by Thomas himself before being shipped to us.
- Metallic Bordeaux, Translucent Scarlet Red or Charcoal Black nitro-cellulose lacquer finishes
- Single cutaway chambered semi-hollow body
- Figured maple top
- Chambered alder back and sides
- Maple neck
- 24.625' scale length
- Black headstock face with white binding
- Ebony fretboard with white binding
- Custom TV Jones shoestring potato fret markers
- TV Jones pearl logo on headstock
- 1.687" nut width
- 2.25" End of fingerboard width
- 22 medium wire frets
- Sperzel non-locking tuners with #1 buttons
- Tokiwa ABR-1 bridge, brass saddles
- Bigsby B-12 vibrato tailpiece
- 3 ply pearloid / black / white pickguard
- Chrome plating
- 2 x TV Jones TV Classics pickups
- Three-way Switchcraft pickup selector
- 1 x CTS 500K master volume
- 1 x CTS 500K master tone
- .022 uF Cap
- 8 - 8.5lb weight
- TKL fitted hardcase
Last year, The Guitar Magazine reviewed the TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme and awarded it 8/10:
You can read the full review here, and see what Chris Vinnicombe of The Guitar Magazine thought of the guitar in the video below:
The C Melody has a 29.4" scale length and comes fitted with a TV Jones' TV Classic humbucker in the bridge and a Magna'Tron humbucker at the neck. The combination of these pickups and the famous Bigsby B-5 vibrato tailpiece gives the guitar a vintage baritone sound. The guitar was designed with Brian Setzer and his orchestra in mind, making it perfect for rock, country and more.
- Colour: Deep Walnut
- Body: Single cutaway chambered semi-hollow, w/b/w/b binding on top
- Body Top: Figured maple
- Back and Sides: Chambered alder body 15.25" X 1.875"
- Pickups: TV Jones TV Classic Bridge and Magna'Tron Neck
- Neck: Maple
- Scale length: 29.4"
- Weight: 8.3- 8.8lb
- Headstock Face: Black with white binding
- Fretboard: Ebony with white binding
- Inlay: Custom TV Jones shoestring potato fret markers, TV Jones pearl logo on headstock
- Width at nut: 1.719" - Delrin material
- Width at end of Fingerboard: 2.25"
- Finish: Nitro cellulose lacquer
- Frets: 22 frets, medium wire
- Tuners: Sperzel non-locking #1 buttons
- Bridge: Tokiwa ABR-1, brass saddles
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B-5 vibrato
- Pickguard: 3 ply pearloid / black / white
- Plating: Chrome
- Wiring Harness: Switchcraft pickup selector, CTS 500K master volume, CTS 500K master tone, .0068 uF Cap
- Strings: D'Addario 13p - 17p - 26w - 36w - 46w - 60w
- Tuning: C - F - Bb - Eb - G - C (standard guitar intervals)
- TKL hard case included
Check out the TV Jones Spectra Sonic C Melody Baritone in our videos below:
We also recently caught up with Tom at the Winter NAMM Show in January 2020:
For more information on TV Jones' Spectra Sonic guitars, please don't hesitate to get in touch by calling +44 (0) 207 835 5597 or by emailing us here.