Our First Deimel Guitarworks Doublestar Arrives!
We are delighted to have just received our first Doublestar model from Deimel Guitarworks in Germany!
This stunning instrument combines a classic, ‘vintage-like’ feel and the influence of two iconic guitar designs to create a familiar, yet unique, electric guitar that combines the ‘best of both worlds’.
Frank Deimel says “I love this body shape and I like the attack of a long scale. I prefer string through body bridges and a unique mixture of pickups. The ergonomic body shape like an S-style guitar supports the easiest playing comfort.”
The Doublestar ‘Raw Tone’ is designed as an ‘LP’ style guitar with a glued in Mahogany neck and a maple veneered Mahogany body. The
By using a long scale neck, a more accurate and tighter bass response is achieved. The string through body design provides a stronger pick attack and excellent acoustic properties. A classic electronic circuit routs the pickups through high quality passive parts and capacitors.
For getting the right amount of resistance, the Doublestar features Stellartone 500/250k Tandem pots for the volume and tone controls. They let each pickup ‘see’ their own right value of pot and capacitor. When mixed together an almost unheard of ‘two worlds’ collide. Pure and raw as strings, wood, and coils can be.
- Body: Honduran Mahogany, one piece, with Eastern curly maple top
- Neck: Glued-in Honduran mahogany neck
- Neck finish: transparent lacquer
- Fretboard: Madagascar Rosewood
- Inlays: MOP dots
- Frets: 22, Pyramid StewMac
- Scale length: 25.5”, compound radius 9.5” to 12”
- Neck shape: Medium fat 59JM
- Headstock: Black fiber with pearl logo inlay, 3L3R
- Nut: Unbleached bone
- Glue: Bone
- Color: Lemon amber with faded burst on maple, faded cherry red on mahogany
- Pickguard: Gold anodized aluminum
- Backplate: Bakelite
- Pickups: Deimel P90, neck & bridge
- Bridge: Deimel Vibratone w/ Highwood saddles
- Tuners: Kluson TonePros style, satin nickel with tulip buttons, black
- Knobs: Glendale dome knobs
- Switches: Toggle with gold contacts
- Capacitors: LuxeBumble Bee, 22nf