Stunning Astrand Bespoke Builds Arrive
Ted Åstrand is one of the most sought-after master-luthiers on the planet, with a build queue so long that he has now closed his books for direct orders, and it's not difficult to see why; his attention to detail in his building, his sense of line and the sensational tonality of his instruments.
Ted has recently completed two bespoke orders for TNAG Customers. As both of these were Åstrand Å-OM models in Brazilian Rosewood and Swiss Alpine Moon Spruce, we only created one build thread as the process was very similar.
Below you can see the stages of production for this model and the final two instruments that were created.
Our next build slot with Ted Åstrand for the year 2023 is available to pre-order now here.Model: Å-OM
- Neck joint: 14th fret
- Nut width: 1 3/4”
- Bridge string spacing: 2 1/4”
- Fretboard radius: 16 ”
- Scale length: 25 ”
- Top: European (Switzerland) Alpine 'Moon' Spruce
- Back & Sides: Brazilian Rosewood
- Rosette: Amboyna burl, B/W/B purfling, Inner Brazilian rosewood ring
- Binding and End graft: Amboyna burl, Ebony, B/W/B purfling
- Decorative backstrip: Amboyna burl, Ebony, B/W/B purfling
- Top braces: European (Switzerland) alpine ”moon” spruce
- Back braces: European (Switzerland) alpine ”moon” spruce
- Neck: Mahogany (swietenia macrophylla)
- Headcap veneer: Brazilian rosewood
- Bridge: Brazilian rosewood
- Bridge pins: Ebony
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fretboard inlays: MOP Korean aprikot tree
- Frets: EVO ”gold” frets
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Truss rod: Double action
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 , Cosmo black
- Finish: Nitro cellulose
- Case: Visesnut, Premier series
To find out more about Astrand guitars please email here or call us on +44 (0) 207 835 5597.
Have a lovely weekend.