Talking Guitar Podcast: Michael Bashkin of Bashkin Guitars
In this week's Talking Guitar Podcast we catch up with sensational luthier Michael Bashkin. Having worked with Michael for the past 7 years he is not only a wonderful friend but we have also come to know and love his instruments through and through.
We spoke to Michael about the success of his brilliant podcast 'Luthier on Luthier', his love for traditional tonewoods and the joy of the Bespoke Build process. It was great to speak with him and we even managed to get his Desert Island Guitar out of him!
We hope you enjoy it!
- Top - Carpathian Spruce
- Back and sides - Katalox
- Neck - Honduran Mahogany
- Headstock overlay - Katalox bound in Ebony
- Back of headstock - Katalox
- Binding - Ebony with Maple side purflings
- Purfling - Santos with Holly veneers
- Rosette - Burled woods
- Bracing - Adirondack spruce top, Sitka spruce back
- End graft - Ebony
- Kerfing - Spanish Cedar
- Tuners - Waverly’s - butterbean/nickel
- Frets - Medium (.080x.040")/ hemispherical ends
- Bridge plate - Maple
- Nut/saddle - Bone
- Bracing/bridge glue - Hot hide glue
- Bridge pins - Ebony
- Fret markers - Amber inlays
- Truss-rod - Stainless steel - 2 way
- Bridge - Ebony
- Fretboard - Ebony bound in Ebony
- Nut width/saddle width 1.75” / 2.25”
- Scale - 25.4”
- Dimensions - Lower bout 15.1”, Waist 9.1”, Upper Bout 11.1”
- Depth at tail/neck: 4. 125”/3.125”
- Finish - Nitrocellulose lacquer
To find out more about Bashkin Guitars please email us here or call us on (US)
+1 615-383-8947, (UK) 0207 835 5597.