The Long Wait is Finally Over, Stephen Strahm Guitars Arrive!
Ask anyone who has ordered a bespoke instrument in the past and they will tell you that the waiting is the hardest part! Ask them if the wait was worth it and they will say ABSOLUTELY!
Well, this could not be truer for us all here at The North American Guitar and the two Stephen Strahm Guitars we have had on order. But the wait was a little longer this time, and here is why:
Being a small shop that sells guitars to a global audience we often find that we sell instruments before they even arrive here at our London showroom, and often to clients outside the UK. After we announced our first two incoming guitars from Stephen Strahm, a dear client of ours bought both (yes both!) the guitars immediately, having been a follower of Stephen for many years and a big fan of his work.
The guitars were delivered last month to a huge praise and adoration for the tone, build quality and craftsmanship. However, sadly a few weeks later the client found that, due to unforeseen circumstances, he had to sell them. Of course, being so excited to get our hands on these two absolutely incredible guitars, we jumped at the chance to get them shipped here right away...and now here they are!
Now, the good news is that, despite being just a few weeks old, the guitars are now officially pre-owned instruments, so you could purchase these instruments that are, in effect, new guitars, at a pre-owned price tag.
Ok enough about that ... let's see and hear the guitars!
Stephen Strahm's EROS model is based on a Martin OM, but with a wider lower bout and narrower waist, giving it a big sound for a guitar of this size.
This particular EROS model features gorgeous Malaysian Blackwood on the back and sides and a German Spruce top.
- EROS base model
- Malaysian Blackwood back & sides
- German Spruce top
- Florentine cutaway
- Scale Length: 25.375*
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"*
- Bridge Spacing: 2 1/4"*
- Upper Bout: 11"
- Waist: 9 1/16"
- Lower Bout: 15 9/16"
- Body Length: 20 1/8"
- Upper Bout Depth: 3 1/2"
- Lower Bout Depth: 4 1/2"
The OO is a new model for Stephen and we are extremely excited to be the first in Europe to receive this incredible guitar. Based on the traditional short scale of 24.9 or 24-7/8" with a 12 fret body joint. Stephen's goal here is to create a different sounding instrument that will complement his EROS model.
- OO base model
- Top wood - German Spruce
- Back & Sides - Amazon Rosewood
- Scale length - 24.875"
- Nut width - 1 ¾”
- Saddle string spacing - 2 ¼”
- Neck - One piece Honduran Mahogany w/2-way adjustable trussrod
- Fingerboard - West African Ebony w/16” radius
- Bridge - West African Ebony w/Ebony pins
- Binding - West African Ebony w/Bloodwood or Maple purflings
- Side dots only - Gold MOP
- Nut – scalloped unbleached bone
- Saddle - 1/8” compensated unbleached bone
- Rosette - “Mavericks” or standard wood ring to match body
- Headstock overlay - custom design usually with matching body wood
- Tuners - Gotoh 510’s
- Frets - Medium 18% Nickel-Silver
- Bracing - Sitka Spruce
- Finish - Thin Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case - Main Stage, customer picks colors
- Strings - D’Addario EJ16 Light .012 - .053
- Custom neck size and profile
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Both guitars are available now in our showroom, and can be purchased with free shipping, free returns and our five-day appraisal period. To find out more, just get in touch.