TNAG's Visit To Greenfield Guitars (Part 3): Previewing The G2
The G2 model from Michael Greenfield has always been one of our favourites here at The North American Guitar. It is without doubt one of the finest instruments manufactured on the planet and known in the industry as a complete powerhouse!
Being a great all rounder, the G2 will easily lend itself to any musical style. With a longer body, tight waist and round shoulders, this guitar still sits comfortably in your lap or over your shoulder...The longer scale length makes it a great instrument for contemporary fingerstyle players with more aggressive, percussive styles and for those who use alternative and dropped tunings.
For me personally, I love how the G2 is a cannon for flat pickers and singer-songwriters. Able to handle strong picking/strumming styles, the sound will fill an room; yet it’s still so amazingly sensitive it will respond to the lightest of touches.
What an instrument!
So, for Greenfield guitar number two from my trip to visit Michael's The Woodnest workshop, we have pulled out all the stops and gone for a real show stopper!
- Model G2
- Novax fanned fret DADGAD scales
- Moon harvested Alpine spruce soundboard
- Reserve grade Malaysian Blackwood back
- Reserve grade Malaysian Blackwood sides, laminated
- Radially braced back plate with proprietary Greenfield Tone Halo tm
- Laskin inspired arm rest
- Ebony body bindings
- Fine violin line body purflings
- Greenfield, proprietary spalted Beech and blue paua rosette
- Compound 16” – 20” radius, quarter-sawn ebony fingerboard
- 13/4” nut width
- 21/4” string spacing at bridge.
- Honduran Mahogany, carbon graphite reinforced neck
- “Standard” neck profile
- Hand carved heel “swoosh”
- Double veneered peghead.
- Ebony peghead overlay, w/ “g” logo
- Custom fit Accord flight case.
Set to arrive November 2017
For more information on this gorgeous Greenfield G2 DADGAD in Malaysian Blackwood and Alpine Spruce please click here.
Ok Michael, one more. What's next? To be continued.....