This now discontinued Fender Select Telecaster in Amber is a fantastic progression for the iconic guitar. Featuring a carved flame maple top, compound radius and 6-saddle bridge this guitar takes the classic DNA of one of Fenders most revered instruments and reworks it with some ergonomic and modern twists.
The Select model pickups in the guitar deliver a range of tonal options, from classic telecaster chime through to a punchier bark this guitar proves very versatile for its humble dual single coil configuration.
The guitar plays smoothly, with a comfortable modern "C" shape and Medium Jumbo frets there's certainly less fight in the guitar than its vintage style counterparts.
In removing the pickguard from the design Fender have created a guitar with a very clean aesthetic and for anyone seeking a more up-to-date iteration of the Telecaster, this may well be what you've been looking for.
The guitar comes with a fitted G&G hardcase.
- Body: Empress with Carved Flame Maple Top
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (24.1 cm-35.56 cm)
- Fretboard: Flame Maple
- Neck Material: Flame Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer on back, Gloss Lacquer on front
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex Truss Rod System
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series Nut
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Fender® Select Single Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: Fender® Select Single Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Master No-Load Tone Control
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: American Tele with New American Standard Bent Steel Saddles and Stamped Brass Plate
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Unique Features: Carved Top, Fender Select Medallion
- Case/Gig Bag: Custom G&G Case