Current Location: TNAG London
Delivery Time to TNAG Nashville: Two Days
In the realm of '50s re-issue single-cuts, this rare beast may well be as good as it gets.
Built by the Gibson Custom Shops master luthiers and finished by industry legend Tom Murphy with staggering attention to detail in regards to both parts of the instruments journey, this gorgeous Les Paul looks, feels and sounds as close to the original as conceivably possible with all the benefits of being a much newer instrument.
In classic fashion, this LP is made up of a Solid Mahogany body with a Carved Maple top, joined with hide glue and inherently resonant. To this the One-Piece Mahogany neck is joined with a historically accurate extra-long neck tenon, that ensures everything going on in your left hand makes it through the instrument with singing sustain and clarity.
The 22-fret Rosewood board atop this provides a gorgeous platform for a variety of styles and couple with the fat, 50s profile of the neck makes for a truly inspiring degree of playability and an intimate and articulate playing experience.
The Custom Bucker PAFs do a terrific job of capturing the iconic tone of their predecessors, with single-coil like clarity lower on the volume knob, and huge beefy tones with the guitar wound all the way up. Between the set you have all the versatility that made the original Bursts so coveted.
The final port of call is the remarkable finishing and aging work throughout the instrument. In a gorgeous Vintage Burst the guitar screams rock and roll, with the subtle but immaculate relic work making it near indistinguishable from a vintage instrument and Tom Murphy's 'Secret Signature' initials just below the volume and tone controls there's no shortage of appointments that make this a very special instrument indeed.
The guitar is in sensational condition and comes in its original, Lifton Re-Issue Hardcase.
- Carved maple top
- Solid mahogany back
- One-piece mahogany neck with original style truss rod routing and 1959 rounded neck profile
- 22-fret rosewood fretboard with historically accurate trapezoid inlays
- Custombucker PAF pickups
- Correct extra-long neck tenon
- 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs, and 3-way switch
- Single-ply cream binding on top and fretboard
- Nickel hardware
- Aluminum stopbar
- Original-style toggleswitch washer and jackplate
- Vintage tulip-style tuners
- Carved Maple Top: AAA Flame
- Finish: Murphy Aged Nitrocellulose with Tom Murphy 'Secret Signature'
- Neck: Mahogany 50's profile
- Pickups: Custom Buckers
- Case: Custom Shop Lifton Re-Issue Hardcase