This Gorgeous little Lowden S-50 features the very best George Lowden and his team have to offer, from Master Grade woods to exceptional workmanship and custom appointments.
The first thing that commands your attention when you open up the case of this lovely instrument is the incredible Master Grade Sinker Redwood top. Sinker Redwood takes 'old growth' to another level, and the partially petrified nature of this tonewood adds a hardness that comes out through the guitar as a bell-like high end reminiscent of Cedar yet with some of the more complex characteristics of Spruce.
The sheer volume of this guitar defies its body size, and with the marvellous combination of woods in its makeup the guitar has a full and rounded tone you would expect from a considerably larger guitar.
The gorgeous Purflings and Bindings on this guitar matched with the Tasmanian Blackwood Bevel plant this guitar firmly in line with Lowden's "50" series, meant as a guarantee of the finest workmanship and appointments available from George and his team.
The GL Standard profile in tandem with the 1 3/4" nut width make for a tremendous player as well as a truly versatile instrument, great for fingerstyle and melodic playing but also takes a flatpick with zeal.
The guitar comes with a Hiscox Hardcase.
- Back and Sides - Master Grade Ziracote
- Top - Master Grade Sinker Redwood
- Neck - 5 Piece Mahogany/Rosewood
- Fingerboard - Ebony with Ebony/Maple Binding
- Neck Profile - GL Standard
- Condition - Mint
- Nut Width - 1 3/4"
- Scale Length - 24.8"
- Binding - Highly Figured Tasmanian Blackwood
- Purflings - Rosewood/Maple/Mahogany
- Custom Options - Tasmanian Blackwood Soundbox Bevel
- Tuners - Gotoh Gold 510 with Ebony Buttons
- Case - Hiscox Hardcase