At The North American Guitar
Want to work for a fast-growing online guitar store representing the world’s finest brands from the world of high-end instruments?
The North American Guitar—home of the world’s finest guitars—is looking to expand its team in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, with a proactive and knowledgeable Guitar Buyer to be a part of a fast-growing, private equity-backed, online guitar retailer.
You’ll work closely with the sales and management teams to liaise with existing brands represented by TNAG, identify new brands that align with our values, and source the finest pre-owned and vintage guitars.
You’ll need extensive knowledge of the acoustic and electric guitar market, existing relationships with key contacts within that market, as well as a deep understanding of the vintage marketplace for both acoustic and electric instruments. We’re looking for a well organized and passionate candidate who lives and breathes guitars with a clear understanding of marketplace trends.
- Clear understanding of stock levels to monitor gaps in our inventory.
- Replenishment ordering of inventory.
- Reviewing stock turn time and stock strategy (brand vs model vs popularity) for over and underperforming brands.
- Monitor competitors, identify trends, and report findings.
- Plan and schedule forward orders with key overseas suppliers.
- Deal with internal day-to-day enquiries relating to the guitar department ordering.
- Support our digital content marketing team by communicating key information about commercial dates such as new product launches.
- Day-to-day monitoring of pre-owned marketplaces.
- Effective management and use of pre-owned stock capital budget (performance monitored).
- Regularly communicate with suppliers, with close monitoring of stock buying opportunities and economies of scale.
- Weekly KPI reporting to Head of Exchange.
Skills and qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of the guitar industry with an understanding of current trends in the marketplace.
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to multi-task and report on various different assignments and workloads.
- Commercial awareness and a strong understanding of e-commerce, C2C marketplaces, as well as traditional retail.
- A high level of computer literacy, especially MS Outlook and Excel.
- Passionate and hardworking team player.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Excellent time management and prioritization ability.
Contract Type: Full time.
Working Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: Competitive + bonus + benefits.
Job Location: The North American Guitar head office in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.