Alembic Darling Model - Pre-Owned
When a company has a history as fascinating as Alembic's, it seems fitting that their instruments should be just as alluring. From their beginning making just pre-amps to improve the live sound of the Grateful Dead's live recordings, to their current status as a builder of boutique, custom electric guitars and basses, Alembic has been known for excellent, tone-obsessed craftsmanship.
The Darling model is an elegantly carved, neck-through solid body guitar, with tummy and elbow contours, an offset double cutaway, and the Heart Omega at the bottom (because it's a Darling, of course). The mahogany body is topped with dramatically figured buckeye burl, a species endemic to Alembic's home state of California. Two Alembic HGR pickups with volume, filter and off/on/bright controls for each pickup give the player extensive tonal options. Custom details, like the LED side markers set in sterling silver, abalone oval inlay fret markers, and purpleheart and maple accent woods, put the finishing touches on this unique guitar. Condition of this unusual electric is excellent, and it comes with its original custom fit Calton hard case.
- Top: Buckeye burl
- Body: Mahogany, three back-plates
- Neck: Maple, purpleheart and vermillion
- Fingerboard: Ebony (custom dimensions)
- Nut width: Custom 1.8" nut (2.23" at the 24th fret)
- Spacing at the bridge: 2.09"
- Scale length: 24-3/4"
- Side markers: LED lights set in Sterling Silver
- Accent woods: Purpleheart and maple
- Fret markers: Abalone ovals
- Carving at bottom: Heart Omega
- Pickups: 2 Alembic HGR pickups
- Controls: Volume, filter, off/on/bright for each pickup, mono output
- Hardware: Chrome-plated Alembic brass, height adjustable nut, truss rod cover, bridge, Alembic Bird tailpiece, chrome strap-locks
- Peghead has beveled front and back which slightly reveals the inner peghead laminates
- Sterling Silver Inlaid Logo with MOP cloud and abalone Dragon Circle
- Tuners: Chrome Alembic Gotoh
- Finish: Gloss polyester finish with satin finished back of neck
- Serial number: J14762
- Case: Custom Calton flight case
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours