The B&G Guitars Big Sister is the four-string bass guitar sibling to the Little Sister electric guitar, handmade in Israel.
The Big Sister features a chambered Mahogany body with a Maple top as standard, however this version features an upgraded Figured Maple top.
The standard spec neck on the Big Sister is an Old Growth African Mahogany neck topped with an Old Growth Indian Rosewood fingerboard but, again, this version has been upgraded to feature a set Honduran Mahogany neck and a Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard.
In the electronics department, this Big Sister features a pair of Aguilar single-coil AG 4SS-D1 pickups, B&G offer Aguilar humbuckers at no extra cost. The pickups are controlled by two volume pots and a tone control.
The main features of the B&G Big Sister Bass include:
- 4-string electric bass, made in Israel
- Chambered mahogany body
- Figured Maple top (Upgraded from Standard Maple top)
- Set Honduran Mahogany neck (Upgraded from Old Growth African Rosewood)
- Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard (Upgraded from Old Growth Indian Rosewood)
- 20 tall thin nickel frets
- Gotoh tuners
- B&G bridge
- brass hardware
- 2 x passive Aguilar single coils (Aguilar Humbuckers available instead at no extra cost)
- 2 x Volume controls, 1 x Tone control
- 34â€ / 864mm scale length
- Neck width - 41.3mm at nut, 55mm at 12th fret
- Neck depth - 22mm at first fret, 24mm at 12th fret
- Weighs 7.7lbs/3.5kg
- Sunburst nitrocellulose finish
- Fitted hardcase included