The B&G Little Sister Private Build Electric Guitar is the original B&G Guitar. Hand-built in Tel-Aviv, Israel with their award winning design and intimate feel, they really do capture something entirely their own.
This particular Little Sister Private Build however, is anything but stock, and here's what sets it apart;
The top of this gorgeous instrument is made up of Old Growth Cedar of Lebanon, a legendary and storied tree appearing in many ancient texts, and treated as lightly and naturally as possible with the pores open and a very thin, hand rubbed shellac finish.
This magnificent wood, in tandem with the one-piece African Mahogany makes for and incredibly sweet and warm tone, even unplugged, with a lightly more delicate and sensitive response than your typical Little Sister, likened even to that of a classical guitar.
The fetchingly aged hand-wound P90 pickups do a stellar job of bringing these nuances to the forefront when plugged in, with a rich character overall and lovely harmonic complexities backing up the clearly detailed fundamentals.
With separate volume controls for each pickup and a master tone control, the voice of this guitar is found in blending the pickups together, and encourages the player to find unique sweet spots in the hugely versatile range this presents you with.
Sporting B&G's soft 'V' neck profile, the guitar is supremely comfortable across the board, with a hefty amount of sustain due to the combination of Honduran Mahogany, 14th frets to the body and the traditional glues that bring all the joins together in perfect harmony.
This beautiful instrument comes in a Custom B&G Hardcase.
- Body Construction - Chambered
- Body Thickness - 1.75" / 4.45cm
- Body Length - 17.7" / 45cm
- Body Width - 13" / 33cm
- Back Wood - One-Piece African Mahogany
- Top Wood - Cedar of Lebanon
- Tailpiece - B&G Solid Brass Aged
- Bridge - B&G Solid Brass ABR Aged
- Tuning Machines - B&G Delta Tuners
- Nut - TUSQ
- Scale Length - 24 3/4"
- Fingerboard Radius - 12"
- Neck Joint - Fret 14
- Neck Wood - Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard - Pau Ferro
- Fretwire - Nickel-Silver, Width 0.080", Crown 0.050"
- Inlay - Pearloid
- Truss Rod - Traditional one-way, spoke wheel nut
- Headstock - Slotted Peghead
- Potentiometers - 3 x CTS 500k
- Jack - Switchcraft
- Wiring - 50s Style, Volume/Volume/Tone
- Weight - 6.6 - 7.7 lbs / 3000-3500 gr
- Length - 37.52" / 953mm
- Finish Type - Antique Aniline Dye, Shellac Coating