Current Location: TNAG London
Delivery Time to TNAG Nashville: Two Days
B&G call the Step Sister the 'mean girl in the family', based on their iconic and award winning Little Sister design, but with a longer 22 fret neck set into the body at the 16th fret with a solid, Waverly equipped headstock it's a versatile instrument that really lends itself to a snappier sonic landscape than its literal little sister.
This particular model features and absolutely exquisite Ziricote top, built in a style entirely unique to B&G. A solid Maple blank is recessed to host the 2mm Ziricote overlay, which 'sinks' in and creates a natural binding effect around the top as well as inside the F-holes, which matches with the Figured Maple pickup surrounds and neck binding to create a very clean, luxurious aesthetic.
The hand-wound B&G Humbuckers in this guitar give you a very diverse range of tones and really do pair up wonderfully with the particulars in the construction of this fine instrument. From smooth Jazz and Soul cleans through to searing Rock tones, it does it all with a distinctively warm and dynamic vintage voice that harkens back to the tone and feel of iconic 'Golden Era' electric guitars of the 50s and 60s.
The neck carve is B&Gs soft 'V' profile, providing exceptional comfort across the board and effortless fretting, also aided by the deep cutaway and afore mentioned 16th fret neck join. In regards to access and playability, it really is second to none.
The guitar comes with a custom B&G Private Build Hardcase.
- Body thickness: 1.75" / 4.45cm
- Body length: 17.2" / 43.7cm
- Body width: 13" / 33cm
- Back wood: One-piece African Mahogany
- Top wood: Ziricote
- Tailpiece: B&G Brass
- Bridge: B&G Solid Brass ABR
- Pickguard: Brass (in the case)
- Tuning Machines: Waverly
- Nut width: 1.68” / 42.8mm
- Nut: TUSQ
- Fret 1 Thickness: 0.89” / 22.6mm ( slim option: 0.86”/21.5 mm )
- Fret 12 Thickness: 0.98” / 24.9mm ( slim option: 0.95”/ 23.5 mm )
- Scale length: 24 3/4”
- Fingerboard radius: 12”
- Neck Joint: Fret 16
- Frets: 22
- Neck wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fretwire: Width 0.080”, Crown 0.050”
- Inlay: Pearloid
- Neck shape: B&G Soft 'V'
- Truss Rod: One way traditional spoke wheel nut
- Pickups: B&G Hand-Wound Humbuckers
- Potentiometers: CTS 500k
- Toggle Switch: Switchcraft 3-way
- Jack: Switchcraft
- Wiring: '50s Style
- Total Weight: 6.7 - 8.2 lbs / 3200-3700 gr
- Total Length: 38.9" / 987mm