B&G Step Sister Private Build, Black Widow/Kikbuckers No 117
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The Step Sister is the mean girl in the family. She shares the same genes as the Little Sister in terms of design, and she is built using the traditional techniques of the Golden Era of electric lutherie. But the Step Sister has her own unique personality. The body shape is shortened, to join the neck at the 16th fret, and the fingerboard extends to 22 frets. The neck heel has been reshaped, for the easiest access up to the last fret. A nimble, agile, sleek machine. Developed for ease of playability, the Step Sister offers a wide range of options.
Because of the extended length of the fingerboard, the neck pickup is placed slightly closer to the bridge than on a Little Sister. Therefore it delivers a brighter and more defined tone by itself, and a beautiful ‘hollow' quality when paired with the bridge pickup. This model features hum-cancelling Kikbuckers, a solid headstock with Waverly tuners, nickel-plated brass hardware, and a mysteriously dark Black Widow gloss finish. End result: one vicious rock machine.
Please note: Video features a previously sold Step Sister with similar specs.
- Top wood: Figured maple
- Back wood: One-piece African mahogany
- Neck wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Neck shape: B&G Soft 'V'
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Neck joint: Fret 16
- Frets: 22
- Body thickness: 1.75" / 4.45cm
- Body length: 17.2" / 43.7cm
- Body width: 13" / 33cm
- Tailpiece: B&G nickel-plated brass
- Bridge: B&G nickel-plated solid brass ABR
- Pickguard: Nickel-plated brass
- Tuning Machines: Waverly
- Nut: TUSQ
- Truss Rod: One way traditional spoke wheel nut
- Potentiometers: CTS 500k
- Pickups: B&G Hand-Wound Unpotted Kikbuckers
- Jack: Switchcraft
- Wiring: '50s Style
- Nut width: 1.68” / 42.8mm
- Scale length: 24 3/4”
- Strings: Ernie Ball 0.10-0.46
- Total weight: 6.7 - 8.2 lbs / 3200-3700 gr
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
B&G Guitars are hand-made out of a small workshop in Tel Aviv, Israel by a team devoted to creating the best sounding instruments on the market. They have quickly become known globally as gimmick-free, high quality, and tonally unrivaled electric guitars.