Bashkin OM, Cutaway
Katalox / Carpathian Spruce - Serial # 151, 2018.
We have been waiting all year for this OM in Katalox from world-class luthier Michael Bashkin and it is everything we could have possibly hoped it would be. The very first Katalox instrument we have had come into The North American Guitar but it certainly will not be our last. If you closed your eyes and played this guitar you would swear it was Brazilian Rosewood or a high-grade Indian Rosewood. Beautifully bright and clear in the highs and rich and lush in the mids.
As with all Michaels guitars, the build quality on this guitar is nothing short of utterly exceptional, it is incredibly light, responsive and plays like you are driving a racing car.
"This OM has brilliant trebles and mids for rich melody lines with enough power to ring through the bass..." Michael Bashkin.
- Top - Carpathian Spruce
- Back and sides - Katalox
- Neck - Honduran Mahogany
- Headstock overlay - Katalox bound in Ebony
- Back of headstock - Katalox
- Binding - Ebony with Maple side purflings
- Purfling - Santos with Holly veneers
- Rosette - Burled woods
- Bracing - Adirondack spruce top, Sitka spruce back
- End graft - Ebony
- Kerfing - Spanish Cedar
- Tuners - Waverly’s - butterbean/nickel
- Frets - Medium (.080x.040")/ hemispherical ends
- Bridge plate - Maple
- Nut/saddle - Bone
- Bracing/bridge glue - Hot hide glue
- Bridge pins - Ebony
- Fret markers - Amber inlays
- Truss-rod - Stainless steel - 2 way
- Bridge - Ebony
- Fretboard - Ebony bound in Ebony
- Nut width/saddle width 1.75” / 2.25”
- Scale - 25.4”
- Dimensions - Lower bout 15.1”, Waist 9.1”, Upper Bout 11.1”
- Depth at tail/neck: 4. 125”/3.125”
- Finish - Nitrocellulose lacquer