Bashkin OM European Flamed Maple / Carpathian Spruce - Serial # 152, 2018.
Stop the press...this guitar is nothing short of a masterpiece! Tonally driven like no other maple guitar we have ever heard, you have to hear it to believe it. Made in an absolutely phenomenal European Flamed Maple (that looks like the rocky mountains from above) it has quite literally changed the way we think about what a maple guitar can sound like. Sweetly clean in the highs and yet powerful and smooth in the lows and perfect instrument for the fingerstyle and alternate tunings player.
"This OM is articulate with a quick response and a richer timbre then you would expect from a maple guitar..." Michael Bashkin.
This guitar has arrived into The Exchange in near mint condition, with the one owner taking incredible care of this instrument, and it comes with a new custom Calton hard shell case worth over $1,000.
- Top - Carpathian Spruce
- Back and sides - European Flamed Maple
- Neck - Honduran Mahogany
- Headstock overlay - Ebony bound in Ebony with maple veneer line inlays
- Back of headstock - Ebony
- Binding - Ebony with Maple side purflings
- Purfling - Santos with Holly veneers
- Rosette - Burled woods
- Bracing - Adirondack spruce top, Sitka spruce back
- End graft - Ebony
- Kerfing - Spanish Cedar
- Tuners - Waverly’s - butterbean/nickel
- Frets - Medium (.080x.040")/ hemispherical ends
- Bridge plate - Maple
- Nut/saddle - Bone
- Bracing/bridge glue - Hot hide glue
- Bridge pins - Ebony
- Fret markers - Amber inlays
- Truss-rod - Stainless steel - 2 way
- Bridge - Ebony
- Fretboard - Ebony bound in Ebony
- Nut width/saddle width - 1.75” / 2.25”
- Scale - 25.4”
- Dimensions - Lower bout 15.1”, Waist 9.1”, Upper Bout 11.1”
- Depth at tail/neck: 4. 125”/3.125”
- Finish - Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Condition - near mint
- Case - New custom Calton case included