Blind Guitars B-30, Cocobolo & Sinker Red Cedar
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The sound and look of Virgile Pilon's guitars may be enticingly vintage-inspired, but peek inside and you'll see that the French luthier has an altogether modern approach to building. This Blind Guitars B-30 is his take on the popular, versatile OM model that emerged in the early 1930s. The contemporary combination of cocobolo and sinker red cedar with a highly radiused top and parabolic double X-bracing is met with an understated yet impactful Art Deco-inspired aesthetic, which you'll note on the bridge, headstock, and in the color palette. The slinky short scale set-up makes for easy bends and hammer-ons and pull-offs (a heavy flatpick attack overdrives it). Its dark and nuanced voice is perfect for blues and folk fingerstyle and light strumming, making for an excellent vocal accompaniment instrument.
- Top: Sinker red cedar
- Back and sides: Cocobolo
- Neck: Mahogany with low oval profile, satin finish
- Fretboard: Cocobolo
- Bridge: Cocobolo
- Binding: Ebony (body and fretboard) or just black?
- Saddle: Nut, drop-in
- Tuners: Schertler
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Depth: 4-1/8"
- Serial number: 46
- Case: Hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The B-30 is an OM inspired by the originals from the 1930s, with a classic 15" lower bout, 4-1/8" and 1-3/4" nut
- Sinker red cedar and cocobolo make for a dark, complex tone perfect for all types of blues and folk fingerstyle
- Though understated, the Art Deco inspired detailing on the bridge, headstock, backstrip and color palette have a delectable vintage appeal
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours