Bouchereau Mistral Acoustic Guitar, Indian Rosewood & German Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The Bouchereau Mistral is luthier Loïc Bortot's take on the OM, which he describes as the "typical fingerstyle and soloist guitar" that "produces a reactive response with complex overtones and harmonics, which allows for very nuanced playing". This particular model pairs a gorgeous set of Indian rosewood on the back and sides with a German spruce top. A little stiffer than Sitka, German (or European) spruce is known for providing piano-like note separation without sacrificing any warmth of tone. Combined with rosewood, the result is exactly as Loïc intended--a richly-voiced guitar that's perfect for solo fingerstyle arrangements.
Other structural details are carefully chosen to ensure longevity. Carbon fiber reinforces the mahogany neck, and laminated cedar linings inside the guitar add stiffness to the side rim. Artful yet understated details such as the fine maple purfling, rosewood rosette and binding, and asymmetry on the headstock and fingerboard extension, reflect the inspiration Loïc finds in other artistic disciplines like architecture and car design.
- Top: German spruce
- Back and sides: Indian rosewood
- Scale length: 25.34"
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- String spacing: 2-1/4"
- Finish: Clear gloss polyurethane on body; satin finish on neck
- Truss rod: Carbon-reinforced, double-acting
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 21:1
- Case: Hiscox Pro II OM
- Serial number: 020
- Year of build: 2019
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- A reactive response with complex overtones and harmonics, which allows for very nuanced playing
- Carbon fiber reinforces the mahogany neck, and laminated cedar linings inside the guitar add stiffness to the side rim
- The Mistral pairs a gorgeous set of Indian rosewood on the back and sides with a German spruce top