Bourgeois LDBO-14 "The Standard", Sinker Mahogany & Aged Tone Adirondack Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
From its Aged Tone Adirondack spruce soundboard to its sinker mahogany back and sides, to the beautifully-inspired vintage 'burst, this L-DBO lives up to Bourgeois' tagline of "iconic depression-era tone and vibe". The Aged Tone treatment cuts down on the "break-in" period, giving the player the benefit of the wide Adi dynamic range but with the nuance and warmth typically only gained through years of playing. Sinker mahogany offers a similar benefit, adding nuance to the tonewood's punchy, woody tone. The L-DBO sits between a standard 00 and 000, with a slightly shorter 25" scale. The model is Dana's personal favorite, and if you're not already a convert to the design, this little powerhouse will do the trick. It sports an unusually large soundhole for its size, and narrow, 1/4” top bracing which combine to produce unusual power and presence in such a small package.
- Model/body: L-DBO
- Top: Aged Tone Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Sinker mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Madagascar rosewood
- Bridge: Madagascar rosewood
- Pins: Ivoroid
- Saddle: Drop-in, compensated
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Rosette: Single ring ivoroid on end
- Purfling: Black/ivoroid on end/black
- Headstock veneer: Ebony
- Brace pattern: Aged Tone torrefied X
- Scale length: 25"
- Nut width: 1-23/32"
- String spacing: 2.2"
- Lower bout: 14-3/4"
- Serial number: 9468
- Year of build: 2022
- Case: Hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Dana's favorite model, the L-DBO sits between the 00 and 000, with an enlarged soundhole and 1/4" torrefied top bracing, giving it outsized power and presence
- "The Standard" series guitars feature Aged Tone Adirondack spruce and sinker mahogany, for vintage, played-in tone in a new guitar
- A Madagascar rosewood and bridge and ivoroid binding and rosette add a perfect touch to this depression era-inspired sunburst finish
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours