Bourgeois OMS Victorian, Aged Tone Curly Maple & Aged Tone Adirondack Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
"Our Victorian model is a tip of the hat to an elegant, long lost pre-pre-war aesthetic that deserved to survive into the modern era, featuring half-herringbone (also know as “rope”) purfling, ivoroid binding and a once-common pyramid bridge."
Modern playability meets ultra vintage beauty with Bourgeois' Victorian OMS. Before the current OM design was crystallized, there were variations that sported a longer upper bout and the 12-fret configuration, which changes the bridge placement to the widest part of the lower bout. The result is uniquely responsive, dynamic, and perfect for (but not limited to) fingerstyle. If you thought maple + Adirondack spruce = overly bright, think again. Bourgeois treated both top and back and side woods to their Aged Tone process on this one, capturing the warmth of old tonewoods while capitalizing on maple's natural crystal clarity. Especially when combined with the delightfully playable 12-fret OMS shape, the result has captured the hearts of even the maple-averse around our showroom!
- Model/body: OMS
- Top: Aged Tone Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Aged Tone curly maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bridge and pins: Ebony, bone pins with black dots
- Saddle: Drop-in, compensated
- Binding: Ziricote
- Rosette and purfling: Rope
- Headstock veneer: Ziricote
- Brace pattern: Aged Tone torrefied X
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-5/16"
- Lower bout: 15-1/16"
- Serial number: 9414
- Case: Hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Ultra vintage-inspired, Bourgeois' OMS design combines OM dimensions with a longer upper bout and 12-fret neck join
- Using their proprietary Aged Tone treatment from top to back, bright and clear Adirondack spruce and maple are warmed up considerably for a satisfyingly well-balanced voice
- Inspired by guitar designs of the 19th century, this Victorian OMS stands out with its multi-colored rope purfling, slotted headstock and pyramid bridge
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours