This jaw dropping 0001 from Collings Guitars out in Austin, Texas is not only visually stunning, but an absolute joy to play.
Built in the timeless combination of Honduran Mahogany and Sitka Spruce, this 000 has a punchy and present voice coupled with a well rounded low-end and spritely trebles, well suited to a diverse range of playing styles.
The 12-fret join in tandem with the classic 000 body size lends itself to a very responsive feel and superb dynamic range, with fantastic projection and a rich, detailed character in it's overtones.
The playability is, of course, fantastic with a smooth and effortless feel all the way through the registers and great definition to each note with clear separation for chord voicings and harmonised melodic lines.
The guitar is in superb shape and comes fitted with a Fishman Matrix System and it's original Hardcase.
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Fingerboard: Binding None
- Peghead: Binding None
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP short dots
- Bridge: Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 13/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck: Profile Modified V
- Peghead: Profile Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck: Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony wth MOP Collings logoTuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: b/w Purfling
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard: Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL