This lively 001 from Collings Guitars features a gorgeous set of tightly figured Maple for the back and sides with a Sitka Spruce top, sporting an inspired combination of classic small-body tonality and the three dimensional depth that is so immersive for the player.
The roots of this instrument feel very much a blend of pre-war stylings, with the Maple lending a crisp and clear character to the punchy construction while retaining a fantastic response in the lows and no shortage of headroom for the avid flat picker.
In regards to playability, the 001 is immediately comfortable and silky smooth through to the upper registers, with a clarity and swiftness to the response that makes it a joy to pick out melodies and voicings with a character and detail from the softest playing through to all out flatpicking.
This stunning 00 comes fitted with a Fishman Matrix system and it's original Hardcase.
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Maple
- Neck: Maple
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP short dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin
- Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 13/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: b/w Purfling
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL