The 290 DC from Collings is their take on the classic Double Cutaway Jr from the '50s, but with some ergonomic twists that make it an absolutely magnificent and versatile workhorse of an instrument.
Featuring a Mahogany body and neck with an Ebony fretboard, the simple, time-tested construction of this instrument gives you heaps of sustain and stellar playability and feel, with the Cherry finish a gorgeous finishing touch to nail the vintage aesthetic.
The set of Mojo Tone Noiseless P90 pickups in this guitar have plenty of bark and output, with a balanced but notably punchy and vintage voice to them. The guitar lends itself to a vast range of styles flawlessly, from soul, r&b, and funk all the way through to searing full-bore rock tones, just without the hum you'd usually find with a P90.
The guitar is in very good condition and comes with a Reunion Blues gigbag.
- Collings 290 DC
- Very good condition
- Body: Mahogany
- Finish: Cherry
- Cutaway: Double
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony with Dot Inlay
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Pickups: 2 x Mojo Tone noiseless P90s
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone; 3-way switch
- Pickguard: tortoise color beveled pickguard
- Bridge: upgraded Schaller Signum wraparound bridge
- Tuners: Locking nickel-plated Gotoh tuners with Ivoroid buttons
- Case: Reunion Blues gigbag