Named after the 290 Highway that runs right by the Collings workshop in Texas, this versatile and inspiring instrument is a fitting tribute to what they have dubbed 'the working man's rock'n roll guitar'.
This particular iteration features a few cosmetic eccentricities that set it apart from the pack, however, with the gorgeous 'Dog Hair' Black finish offset by truly gorgeous Pearloid appointments in the head veneer, pickguard and tuning keys that imply a slightly more deluxe charm to the guitar while retaining the iconic workhorse feel.
Built-in Honduran Mahogany for the body and neck joined with an extra-long mortise and tenon, the 290 is an exceptionally resonant guitar that sustains and rings like a dream even unplugged. When met with an amplifier, the Lollar P90 pickups offer a huge dynamic range with luscious harmonic content and bite when you need them to.
Set with a clean amp, there's plenty of chime and clarity suiting a wide range of styles. With the amp set to growl, the 290 pushes it into a classic saturated roar, all a joy to coax out of the guitar thanks to the truly stellar playability and feel across the board.
The guitar is in excellent condition with its original hard case.
- Construction: Solid-body single cutaway
- Year built: 2007
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1 (Nickel-plated Zinc)
- Tailpiece: Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ ivoroid long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Pickups: Lollar P90s
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Blacktop hat
- Nut:1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra-long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Pearloid
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo and Pearloid Buttons
- Wiring: 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Guitar Finish: Dog Hair Black
- Pickguard: Pearloid
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black with 290 logo