Collings 290 Electric Guitar, Tobacco Sunburst - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Named after the 290 Highway that runs right by the Collings workshop in Texas, this versatile and inspiring instrument is a fitting tribute to what they have dubbed 'the working man's rock'n roll guitar'.
Built in Honduran Mahogany for the body and neck joined with an extra-long mortise and tenon, the 290 is an exceptionally resonant guitar that sustains and rings like a dream even unplugged. When met with an amplifier, the Lollar P90 pickups offer a huge dynamic range with luscious harmonic content and bite when you need them to.
Set with a clean amp, there's plenty of chime and clarity suiting a wide range of styles. With the amp set to growl, the 290 pushes it into a classic saturated roar, all a joy to coax out of the guitar thanks to the truly stellar playability and feel across the board.
The guitar is in excellent condition with its original hard case.
- Construction: Solid-body single cutaway
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1 (Nickel-plated Zinc)
- Tailpiece: Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ ivoroid long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Pickups: Lollar P90s
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Blacktop hat
- Nut:1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra-long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo and white Buttons
- Wiring: 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Guitar Finish: Tobacco Sunburst
- Pickguard: Pearloid
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black with 290 logo
- Case: Original hardshell case included
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us