Collings 290, Walnut Finish
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
The Collings 290 is a tribute to the original rock and roll guitar of the mid 1950s. Featuring two ThroBak P90s, you can expect a wide range of tones from sweet cleans to gritty drive. Between the thin-skin nitrocellulose lacquer, walnut stain, and the hand-selected mahogany body, this particular guitar resonates with ease and is comfortable to play with its modern contours.
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood with ivoroid dots
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickups: ThroBak P90 52/54 SB (neck and bridge)
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1
- Nut width: 1-11/16"
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Case: Ameritage deluxe hardshell case
- Serial number: 29021165
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Collings' 290 is an ode to the original rock and roll electrics of the mid-1950s
- The deceptively named walnut finish highlights the beautiful grain of the solid mahogany body
- Custom ThroBak P90s for both the neck and bridge pickups offer tones from sweet to gritty
This product listing was written by Todd. If you’d like to talk to Todd about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours