Collings CJ45 Traditional, Mahogany & Sitka Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Looking for a large-bodied slope shouldered dread, with a short scale length and vintage construction and appeal in spades? The CJ-45 T, or Traditional Series Collings Jumbo, has you covered. Collings makes their CJ models with a wide array of tonewood, neck profile, scale length, and finish options, but the CJ-45 Traditional with Sitka spruce top may be the all around most versatile and balanced. The classic pairing of Sitka with mahogany gives the player dry, woody power and a warm, balanced tone. This particular CJ-45 has a shorter scale length of 24-7/8", "resulting in a somewhat percussive bottom end ideal for acoustic blues or other styles that benefit from a more controlled bass response."
To sweeten the pot even further, this CJ-45 was built with Collings' Traditional construction and voicing techniques. The vintage-inspired approach adds a different bracing pattern than the standard CJs, as well as the T-Series neck design combined with the C profile.
- Model/body: CJ-T
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard: Indian rosewood with 19 frets and MOP long dots
- Bridge and pins: Ebony straight-style, Ivoroid pins
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Rosette: Single-ring of multiple b/w purflings
- Headstock veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Brace pattern: CJ-45 wartime scalloped X-brace
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-5/16"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Depth: 4-7/8"
- Serial number: 32008
- Year of build: 2021
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Collings' slope-shouldered dread is a powerful workhorse guitar, with a versatile, easy-playing short scale length
- Classic Sitka spruce and mahogany offer a warm, dry and clear tone, perfect for both flatpicking and fingerpicking
- A gorgeous sunburst compliments the vintage vibe of this powerful guitar
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours