Collings D1A, Mahogany & Adirondack Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Powerful, commanding, and classic, the Collings 14-fret square-shouldered dreadnought builds on the legacy of the great Martin dreadnoughts that came before it. With an Adirondack spruce top and mahogany back and sides, the D1A combines the specs of a pre-war D-18 with Collings' tirelessly precise craftsmanship and modern playability. Minimal appointments keep the focus on what matters most with this dread: the incredible punch and dynamic range Adirondack provides, and the dry, woody, rumbling tone we all love about a good mahogany D.
Please note: This model has 1-3/4" nut width, not 1-11/16".
- Body: Dreadnought
- Top: Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany with modified V profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped X in Adirondack spruce (no tongue brace)
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Depth: 4-7/8"
- Case: TKL hard case
- Serial number: 31539
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Minimally appointed, what this D-18 inspired guitar lacks in flashy looks, it more than makes up for in woody, powerful tone
- Flash back to the pre-war D-18 days with powerful, stiff Adirondack spruce and Honduran mahogany
- Collings luthiers utilize both hand and machine building techniques to ensure unparalled playability and consistency
This product listing was written by Jordan. If you’d like to talk to Jordan about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours