Collings D1, Sitka Spruce & Mahogany
Powerful, commanding, and classic, the Collings 14-fret square-shouldered dreadnought builds on the legacy of the great Martin dreadnoughts that came before it. The D1 features a Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides, put together with upgraded Adirondack spruce bracing. Minimal appointments keep the focus on what matters most with this dread: its dry, woody tone, with that midrange bark and Collings' signature crisp trebles, and a wide dynamic range. From jam to concert, this workhorse guitar has you covered.
- Body: Dreadnought
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany with modified V profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped X in Adirondack spruce (no tongue brace)
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Depth: 4-7/8"
- Case: TKL hard case
- Serial number: 31543
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Minimally appointed, what this D-18 inspired guitar lacks in flashy looks, it more than makes up for in woody, powerful tone
- Sitka spruce and mahogany are classics for a reason. Warm, articulate, and midrange-focused, this guitar will take you from picking leads to strumming to fingerpicking with ease
- Collings luthiers utilize both hand and machine building techniques to ensure unparalled playability and consistency
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours