The Collings I-35 DLX melds the most premium features of their I-35 model with the complex tone of all solid wood construction. With its Honduran Mahogany and Premium Flamed Maple, this guitar is equipped with high-grade tonewoods that provide an unparalleled acoustical response. The resonance and responsiveness of this semi-hollow guitar are captured by a pair of Lollar Low-wind Imperial pickups. These humbuckers provide brightness to their tonality, creating exceptional definition and touch sensitivity.
Through Collings' combination of exacting PLEK machine leveling and hand fret dressing, the I-35 DLX contains a consistent level of playability and silky fret feel. This guitar takes everything you’d want from a 335 style guitar, yet still exceeds expectations with its modern appointments and aesthetic appeal.
Note: This guitar is in overall excellent condition but with some finish scarring on the underside of the waist (visible in the photos). To ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase, please call for an in-hand description.
- Top: Premium Flamed Maple
- Back & Sides: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Head Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings Logo
- Fretboard Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: None
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- 12" Fretboard radius
- 50's Style Wiring
- Maple Center Block
- Kluson stop tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- DiMarzio 500K potentiometers / Jupiter Vintage Yellow capacitors
- Truss Rod Cover: Grained Ivoroid
- Knobs: Custom Grained Ivoroid Top Hat
- Finish: Iced Tea Burst w/ High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Medium 18% nickel-silver frets
- Extra-long mortise & tenon neck joint
- 15" Lower bout width
- 1 5/8" Body depth