Collings Julian Lage Signature OM1A-JL Acoustic Guitar, in Honduran Mahogany & Adirondack Spruce
The neck of the OM1A-JL is the feature that sets it apart from other Collings T Series guitars. Julian Lage’s Martin 000-18 has a truly unique neck with a distinctive taper due to decades of wear on its original hand-shaped and sanded profile. Through digitization and diligent examination of the neck’s incomparable dimensions, Collings recreated the worn-in, asymmetric, highly-playable feel for Lage’s signature model. While maintaining the narrow 1 11/16” nut width of the 000-18 neck, Collings extended the scale length to 25 1/2” length for improved presence and note definition.
The aesthetic appointments of this signature model are all brought together by a thin application of a custom satin lacquer, giving it both the look and feel of an aged vintage instrument. Lage finds that this new finish goes beyond visuals; providing the guitar with the same inherent tonal openness of the finest pre-war instruments.
The Julian Lage signature model incorporates the same script peghead logo that Bill Collings hand-cut when he was just starting out in a tiny shop in Austin, Texas over 30 years ago. This logo hasn’t been seen on any other new Collings instrument in decades. As the final project of the late Bill Collings, the Julian Lage Signature OM1-JL stands as a loving tribute to this master luthier, who was able to realize the perfect new steel-string for one of today’s most exacting guitarists in his last undertaking.
- Back & Sides: Honduran Mahogany
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Year of Build: 2020
- Rosette: Custom wood
- Body Binding: Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony with gold MOP short dots
- Head Veneer: Ebony with gold MOP Collings script logo
- Tuners: Relic nickel Waverly with vintage oval buttons
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Pins: Ebony with MOP dot
- Saddle Material: Bone, drop-in
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Nut Width: 1 11/16th
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Custom JL carve neck profile
- Mortise & tenon hybrid neck joint
- Medium 18% nickel-silver sets
- 1-style walnut backstrip
- Stika spruce brace
- Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace )no tongue brace)
- 14”-26” compound fingerboard radius
- Custom satin nitrocellulose lacquer (neck and body)
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us