Collings MF-5V Mandolin, Varnished Burst - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
This absolutely gorgeous mandolin is a Collings MF-5V, made up from a one-piece, beautifully figured Maple back, Maple sides, and an Adirondack Spruce top to bring it all home.
Finished entirely in an oil-based varnish, this instrument really breathes and has an incredible amount of warmth and depth to the tone, with the other key characteristics of the tone being a very sharp and responsive attack and exceptional dynamics.
The once again exceptionally figured Maple for the neck of the mandolin is very comfortable and fast, with the Ebony fretboard and keen fretwork providing stellar playability across the board.
This instrument comes in a hardshell Collings Mandolin Case.
- One-piece Maple back
- Maple sides
- Maple neck
- Adirondack Spruce top with parallel tone bars
- Ivoroid binding on the body, fretboard, and peghead
- 1-1/8" nut width
- Ebony fretboard with pearl dot inlay
- Compound radius fretboard
- Bound Ebony pickguard
- Ebony peghead overlay with Collings logo and flourish in pearl
- Nickel Waverlys with pearl buttons
- Nickel-plated cast brass tailpiece with engraved border
- Ebony bridge with Fishman pickup installed (the original bridge is available)
- HSC (Collings mandolin case, but not the deluxe version). serial #744
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us