Collings OM2 G Custom, African Ebony & German Spruce
For NAMM this year, Collings crafted a custom OM2 that has absolutely blown us away. We've seen them use German spruce before, and we always love the results. Like other European spruces, it tends to have a sweetness that suits fingerstyle and headroom that works for the heavier-handed players, too. This is the first we've seen them use African ebony, though, and we are obsessed! Any fans of rosewood are sure to appreciate ebony for its clean, sweet sustain. It sounds lush without seeming muddy, making it excellent for complex arrangements and drop tunings. Ivoroid binding combined with a clean and simple B/W purfling and rosette are timelessly beautiful—the perfect accent to this unusual Collings OM.
- Model: OM
- Top: German spruce
- Back and sides: African ebony
- Neck: Mahogany with slight V profile
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony, belly-style
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Purfling and rosette: B/W
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Serial number: 32072
- Case: TKL
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- This special NAMM guitar is a classic, clean and simple OM in all but tonewoods: familiar dimensions, ivoroid binding, and understated lined purfling and rosette
- Collings has joined the European spruce craze, featuring a soundboard of German spruce to provide a sweet, articulate tone with a lot of headroom
- Back and sides
- A first we've seen, this OM features African ebony back and sides—visually stunning, and providing a clean, lingering sustain