This elegant 00 from Collings is a truly magnificent example of the wonders they can achieve in such a simple and understated format.
Finding its roots in traditional and vintage 12-fret 00 sized guitars, this delightful instrument really comes into its own when you start to hone in on quality and construction.
With a gorgeous set of Indian rosewood for the back and sides and an Adirondack Spruce top with notably stunning grain and color, the minimalistic lines of this guitar are set into an inspiring foundation indeed.
This iconic combination of tonewoods, in tandem with the 12-fret neck join, makes for a very warm, full-bodied tone with a sensitive dynamic range and all the rich overtones you would be right to expect from a stellar 00.
The guitar plays smooth and comfortable across the board, with heaps of sustain and lovely low action.
The guitar comes with a Collings branded TKL Hardcase.
Note: This new Collings is only available for sale in the US.
- 12-frets to the body
- Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Adirondack Spruce top
- Ivoroid binding on the body only
- No binding on the neck or peghead
- Herringbone top purfling
- 28-style rosette
- Tortoise color pickguard
- Mahogany neck with diamond volute
- Ebony fretboard with short pattern diamonds and squares inlay
- Bone nut
- 1-3/4" nut width
- Short scale length
- Slotted peghead with Ebony overlay and the Collings logo in pearl
- Nickel Waverlys
- Ebony pyramid bridge
- Bone drop-in saddle
- Ebony pins with pearl dots
- 2-3/16" spacing at the saddle
- Collings branded TKL hardshell case.