CP Thornton Contoured Legend, Gold with Cream Sides
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Handmade in Sumner, Maine, the Contoured Legend is CP Thornton's take on the classic single-cut solid-body electric, albeit with a few tweaks for comfort and modern playability. The body and neck are both solid mahogany, providing plenty of warmth and sustain, while the bolt-on neck joint alleviates the age-old headstock break problem so often found on similar looking vintage instruments. 6-in-line tuners help keep the tuning stable, while Chuck's impeccable fretwork paired with the MojoAX Wraparound keep the intonation dead-on up and down the neck. It also features belly, arm, and neck pocket contours for comfort and extended playability (plus it cuts down on the weight; always a bonus!). Rounding things out are the Bareknuckle Mule Humbuckers, a vintaged voiced set that are just as pretty clean as they are snarly when played through an overdriven amp. If you love the sound of those old solid-body single-cuts but want some modern creature comforts and unique style to boot, this two-tone Goldtop Contoured Legend might be the one.
- Model: Contoured Legend
- Body construction: Solid
- Body style: LP
- Finish: Gold with Cream Sides with Two-tone Matching Headstock
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck join: Bolt-On
- Neck profile: C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Tuners: Gotoh Staggered
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1-11/16"
- Bridge/Tailpiece: MojoAxe Wraparound
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle Mules
- Scale length: 24.75
- Weight: 7lbs-10oz
- Year of build: 2021
- Serial number: 627
- Case: Access III
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The Contoured Legend is CP Thornton's take on the classic single-cut solid-body electric, albeit with a few tweaks for comfort and modern playability-- namely a belly contour, arm contour, and a contoured heel joint for extended range of playability.
- This Contoured Legend features a solid mahogany neck and body with a rosewood fingerboard. The Mule has a classic 'Patent Applied For' vintage tone with exceptionally balanced frequency response and more than enough power for almost any application.
- The Bareknuckle "Mule" humbucker set has a classic "patent applied for" vintage tone with exceptionally balanced frequency response and more than enough power for almost any application.
This product listing was written by Joel. If you’d like to talk to Joel about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours