This stunning Grand Concert 'Super' from US luthier David Eichelbaum has absolutely stopped us in our tracks here at The North American Guitar showroom. Built in a phenomenal set of Old Growth (100 Year est.) Brazilian Rosewood for the back & sides and Master Grade Cedar Soundboard for the top, it is light, responsive and has a wonderfully warm and rich voice.
David started building in the mid-1990s and was hugely inspired by legendary luthier Jim Olson. Although he uses a traditional X-brace pattern on all his soundboards, David braces them fairly lightly with no loss of durability mainly due to three key elements that strengthen the upper bout area, the Bolt-on Neck Joint, adding a "paddle" to support the fingerboard, and lastly supporting the soundhole area under the rosette. These three elements result in gains in volume and sustain as well as more stable necks and action height.
"When I started offering my own line of guitars it was partly because I was fascinated with the idea of making advancements on the designs I had seen as well as building better sounding guitars. Jigs, efficiency, and accuracy were my ethos..." David Eichelbaum.
- Old Growth (100 Year est.) Brazilian Rosewood Back & Sides
- Master-grade Cedar Soundboard w/Flame Koa Rosette
- Flame Koa Body Binding
- Special-Grade "Black Lip Pearl" Top border
- Adirondack Spruce Bracing Throughout
- 25.4" Scale Length
- One-Piece Mahogany Neck with Two-way Adj. Truss Rod & Carbon Fibre
- Stiffening Rods
- Brazilian Rosewood Headstock Veneer with script "Eichelbaum" pearl logo
- 1.3/4 Nut Width
- Medium Jumbo Frets (.095" x.045")
- Brazilian Rosewood Bridge
- Ebony Fingerboard with small Pearl Face Dots
- Fully compensated Fossilized Walrus Ivory Saddle
- Fossilized Walrus Ivory Bridge Pins & Nut
- Gotoh "510 Delta Series" Gold Tuners with Ebonized Buttons
- Custom Calton Deluxe Case
- Rosewood Handled Truss