This is another absolutely beautiful Grand Concert, Cutaway Model in Premium Quartersawn Brazilian Rosewood and & Master Grade European Spruce from sensational California luthier David Eichelbaum.
Built-in 2003 this guitar is in excellent condition and comes with a Carlton Deluxe Case. Recently completed a full set up by sensational luthier Bill Tippin ($1,500)
David started building in the mid-1990s and was hugely inspired by legendary luthier Jim Olson. Although he uses a traditional X-brace pattern on all his soundboards, David braces them fairly lightly with no loss of durability mainly due to three key elements that strengthen the upper bout area, the Bolt-on Neck Joint, adding a "paddle" to support the fingerboard, and lastly supporting the soundhole area under the rosette. These three elements result in gains in volume and sustain as well as more stable necks and action height.
"When I started offering my own line of guitars it was partly because I was fascinated with the idea of making advancements on the designs I had seen as well as building better sounding guitars. Jigs, efficiency, and accuracy were my ethos..." David Eichelbaum.
Date Completed: October 2003
Seriel No: SEIM001450-NS8
- Back and sides: Premium Quartersawn Brazilian Rosewood
- Soundboard: Master grade Adirondack spruce
- Rosette: Red Heart Abalone Rosette
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Headstock Plate: Brazilian Rosewood
- Genuine Pearl ‘E’ logo
- Binding: Brazilian Rosewood with Cherry Purfling Border
- Bracing: Adirondack Spruce
- Scale Length: 25.7”
- Neck: One piece Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/4”
- Bridge Pin Spacing: 2 1/4
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- Saddle and Nut: Fossilized Ivory
- Bridge Pins: Fossilized Ivory
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510 Series Tuning Machines with Synthetic Ebony Buttons
- Case: Custom Colour Carlton Deluxe