David Eichelbaum Grand Concert Cutaway - Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood & Master Grade European Spruce - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
This stunning Grand Concert from US luthier David Eichelbaum is an absolutely wonderful example of his work. Built in a stunning set of old-growth Brazilian rosewood to give a thick and full voice, paired with a tight grained master-grade European spruce top for that extra drive and attack, this guitar is one not to be missed. Perfect all-round, but excelling in DADGAD and other drop tunings.
A little info on Eichelbaum Guitars:
David Eichelbaum started building in the mid-1990s and was hugely inspired by legendary luthier Jim Olson. Although he uses a traditional X-brace pattern on all his soundboards, David braces them fairly lightly with no loss of durability mainly due to three key elements that strengthen the upper bout area, the bolt-on neck joint, adding a "paddle" to support the fingerboard, and lastly supporting the soundhole area under the rosette. These three elements result in gains in volume and sustain as well as more stable necks and action height.
"When I started offering my own line of guitars it was partly because I was fascinated with the idea of making advancements on the designs I had seen as well as building better sounding guitars. Jigs, efficiency, and accuracy were my ethos..." David Eichelbaum.
- Back and sides: Old-growth Brazilian rosewood
- Top: Master-grade European spruce
- Binding: Madagascar rosewood with cherry purfling
- Bracing: Adirondack spruce
- Scale length: 25.7"
- Truss rod: Adjustable
- Headstock veneer: Madagascar rosewood
- Frets: Medium Lumbo (.095" x.045")
- Bridge: Brazilian rosewood
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Saddle and nut material: Fossilized Walrus Ivory
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Delta Series
- Pickguard: Clear Mylar
- Case: Custom Calton deluxe
- Year of build: 2006
- Serial number: SEIM0601"65
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us