This stunning Grand Concert from US luthier David Eichelbaum an absolutely wonderful example of his work. Built in a stunning set of 'Old Growth' Brazilian Rosewood to give a thick and full voice, paired with a tight grained Master-grade European Spruce for that extra drive and attack, this guitar is one not to be missed. A perfect all round but excelling in DADGAD and other drop tunings.
A little info on Eichelbaum Guitars:
David Eichelbaum started building in the mid-1990s and was hugely inspired by legendary luthier Jim Olson. Although he uses a traditional X-brace pattern on all his soundboards, David braces them fairly lightly with no loss of durability mainly due to three key elements that strengthen the upper bout area, the Bolt-on Neck Joint, adding a "paddle" to support the fingerboard, and lastly supporting the soundhole area under the rosette. These three elements result in gains in volume and sustain as well as more stable necks and action height.
"When I started offering my own line of guitars it was partly because I was fascinated with the idea of making advancements on the designs I had seen as well as building better sounding guitars. Jigs, efficiency, and accuracy were my ethos..." David Eichelbaum.
- Date Completed: November 2006
- Serial No. SEIM0601"65
- Grand Concert, Cutaway
- Brazilian Rosewood Back & Sides
- Master-grade European Spruce Soundboa rd w / Bt anhan Rosette
- Madagascar Rosewood Body Binding with Cherry Purfling lines throughout
- Special-Grade "Black Lip Pearl" Top border
- Adirondack Spruce Bracing Throughout
- 25.7" Scale Length
- One-Piece Mahogany Neck with Two-way Adj. Truss Rod & Carbon Fibre Stiffening Rods
- Madagascar Rosewood Headstock Veneer with pearl"E" logo
- Medium |umbo Frets (.095" x.045")
- Brazilian Rosewood Bridge
- Ebony Fingerboard with small Pearl Face Dots
- Fully compensated Fossilized Walrus Ivory Saddle
- Fossilized Walrus Ivory Bridge Pins & Nut
- Gotoh'510 Delta Series" Tuners in "Antique Gold" finish with Ebony Buttons
- Custom Calton Deluxe Case
- Rosewood Handled Truss Rod Wrench
- Clear Mylar Pickguard