Proceeded by a stellar reputation among small-shop luthiers for outstanding pre-war Martin style builds, Lynn Dudenbostel is a true specialist in the form, with this Classic D a testament to that monumental attention to detail and quality.
Made up of a magnificent set of Honduran Mahogany for the back and sides coupled with a Carpathian Spruce top, the Classic D sets out to capture the feel and tone of the iconic '30s Dreadnought with a staggering degree of devotion to the craft.
The V-shaped Mahogany neck lands right in the vintage arena, with an instantly identifiable profile and character under the fretting hand. With the Ebony fretboard atop this, the smooth and comfortable playability of this incredible instrument comes together.
The Classic D has a tone characterised by the 'dry' vintage voice you would expect from an instrument many years older, with a fantastic piano-like ring and chime supported by a magnificent low end with an all round broken in and open tone.
The guitar is in excellent condition with a non-original Hardcase.
- Honduran Mahogany back and sides with lacquer finish
- Carpathian Spruce top with varnish finish
- Forward X bracing
- Sunburst top
- Rosette with tortoise center strip
- Tortoise color binding on the body
- V-shaped Mahogany neck with speed finish
- Ebony fretboard with pearl inlay
- Bone nut
- 1-3/4" nut width
- Ebony belly bridge with bone cut-through saddle
- Rosewood peghead overlay
- Nickel Waverlys with oval buttons
- Dudenbostel decal logo
- Tortis pick guard
- Strap button installed on the underside of the neck heel
- Non-original HSC (Collings Geib-style).
- Serial #60