Echopark La Carne, Antique Amber
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
Detroit builder Gabriel Currie has been refining the design of his vintage-meets-modern La Carne electric for decades, through close and careful work with inspiring musicians. Handcrafted and custom built with a variety of options, this particular model has a solid slab body and neck of old stock korina. Though this African tonewood can be hard to come by and difficult to work with, it's described as a "super mahogany" and has long been prized for its responsiveness. Paired with a combination of humbuckers, the result is "a living, breathing multi-dimensional tool for the artists and players who know and demand vintage soul, feel, character and tone."
- Construction: Slab body
- Top: Ziricote
- Body: Old stock korina
- Neck: Old stock korina
- Pickups: Rose-etched mini-humbucker (neck), humbucker
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Purfling: Abalone
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Fret wire: Jescar Medium Jumbo 8550
- Scale length: 24-3/4"
- Nut width: 1-5/8"
- Case: Hard case
- Serial number: 2 6600
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Old stock korina, highly sought after due to its legacy as one of the first electric tonewoods used by Gibson, makes up the neck and body
- Ivoroid binding and abalone purfling accent the darkness of the woods
- A combination of humbuckers allows for a wide range of tonal options
Echopark instruments are handcrafted in Detroit by luthier Gabriel Currie. Producing a limited number of instruments per year, Echopark guitars are highly sought after.