Fairbanks F10 Acoustic Guitar, Mahogany / Red Spruce - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The Fairbanks F10 is Dale Fairbanks' take on the small-bodied, round-backed L-1 model from the 1920s and '30s. Built in 2018 this guitar is in stunning condition.
The F10 retains all the period correct details, from the thin finish and transparent sunburst to the tapered headstock and flush heel cap, but replaces the original 'A' or 'H' top bracing with the more refined 90 degree 'X'. The X is tall, thin and unscalloped and, when combined with a thin top and a 24-1/4" scale, produces a tone not really heard from any other design these days: boxy and hard-edged enough for the blues with rich tonal complexity (on demand!) that makes one want to expand one's musical boundaries. This is one loud and fun little guitar with a personality that won't be put in a corner.
- Top and bracing: Red Spruce
- Scale length: 24-1/4"
- Width, upper bout: 10"
- Width, lower bout: 13-3/4"
- Depth, neck block: 3-1/2"
- Depth, tailblock: 4"
- Frets to body: 12, 13, 14
- Nut/saddle/pins: unbleached bone
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Saddle spacing: 2-1/4"
- Body binding: single, ivoroid
- Fingerboard binding: self-bound
- Fingerboard inlay: MOP dot
- Headstock inlay: MOP "The Fairbanks"
- Finish: Nitrocellulose over shellac
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Dale Fairbanks certainly understands the minutiae of turn of the century Gibson guitars and uniqley captures that within his own instruments, aka Fairbanks Guitars.