One of our first two instruments from remarkable Australian Luthier G.R. Bear, this extraordinary 00 in beautiful Desert Leopardwood & Engelmann Spruce has had us absolutely floored from the first note.
The volume, sustain and projection belies the size of the guitar and culminates in a vibrant and responsive feel that one could, without dispute, describe as explosive.
The power and headroom of the instrument does nothing to detract from the detailed and characterful nature of this stunning 00, with as much in the way of clarity and depth played at a whisper as when exploring the tonal response at higher volumes, in part due to the use of innovative Carbon Falcate Bracing.
G.R. Bears instruments are thoughtfully aimed at contemporary finger style players, with outstanding playability and feel across the board with a sense of articulation and inspired musicality that suits a huge range of playing styles outside of this initial impression!
- Frets to the body: 12
- Back & Sides: Fiddleback Desert Leopardwood - Flindersia maculosa
- Top: Engelmann Spruce - Picea engelmannii
- Neck: Mahogany - Swietenia macrophylla
- Fingerboard: Brigalow - Acacia harpophylla
- Bridge: Padauk - Pterocarpus soyauxii
- Rosette: Brigalow - Acacia harpophylla
- Headstock Veneer: Brigalow - Acacia harpophylla
- Binding: Rocklite Ebano
- Purfling: Black dyed maple and Sycamore purfling throughout
- Top Bracing: Paulownia Carbon Falcate bracing
- Scale Length: 645mm
- Nut Width: 46mm
- String Spread: 57mm
- Top Finish: UV Poly
- Neck, Back and Sides finish: UV cured Polyester
- Tuners: Gotoh 510
- Nut and Saddle: Bone
- Frets: EVO Gold with Hemispherical fret ends